ATLANTA — More parents are opting out of school shots for their kids. In eight states now, more than 1 in 20 public school kindergartners aren’t getting all the vaccines required for attendance, an Associated Press analysis found. That growing trend among parents seeking vaccine exemptions has health officials worried about outbreaks of diseases that once were all but stamped out. To read the whole article, click here.
The Hawaii Immunization Coalition is a 501(c)3 statewide community-based organization working to ensure all of Hawaii’s families are appropriately vaccinated against vaccine-preventable diseases.
Links and Resources
News at HIC
- Last day to register for our Meningitis Workshop this Wednesday May 22! Go to our website to register today! fb.me/2hzarPcB1 4 days ago
- Monkeying around with Hep Free Hawaii! Check out their Facebook page to learn more about vaccine-preventable... fb.me/OWcUg7Jl 1 week ago
- Deadline Extended: You still have time to register for our Meningitis Workshop next week! Just go to our... fb.me/2Fs9dwURp 1 week ago
- Delaying childhood vaccines can put your child at risk. Keep on schedule with your vaccine series! fb.me/273txicHd 1 week ago
- fb.me/2qgP8jZev 2 weeks ago